The City of Natchitoches would like to notify the public of several resources on a local and state level to stay up to date with the developments surrounding COVID-19 or if the public has any questions/concern during these unprecedented times.
NATCHITOCHES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
The Natchitoches Regional Medical Center is currently monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic on a state, but more importantly local level by posting daily updates to their website (https://www.nrmchospital.org/covid-19-update/) and facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/nrmchospital/). Individuals with symptoms or concerns are advised to first contact their primary care provider. If they do not have a primary care provider then call NRMC at (318) 214-4267 for evaluation.
LOUISIANA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH (LDH)
To prevent the spread of infection, the Louisiana Department of Health is heavily engaged in priority public health actions. These actions include, but are not limited to:
• working with healthcare facilities with presumptive patients to identify exposed healthcare workers and make appropriate recommendations;
• ensuring all recommended infection control precautions are implemented in the healthcare facilities until we determine that the patient is no longer infectious,
• notifying and monitoring close contacts;
• coordinating with CDC
The LDH is proactively addressing COVID-19 in the State of Louisiana and is providing the public with daily updates as they develop. Updates in the number of positive cases, test completed, and deaths reported are posted on the LDH website (http://ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus/) twice daily at 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
LOUISIANA REGION 7 HOSPITAL PREPAREDNESS COALITION
The Louisiana Region 7 Hospital Preparedness Coalition has provided the City of Natchitoches with information regarding COVID-19 Testing and Evaluation.
Drive –through COVID-19 testing can be accessed at:
• Willis-Knighton Innovation Center, 2105 Airline Drive, Bossier City, LA for Willis-Knighton Health System network patients. You must have a Willis-Knighton Health System physician’s order prior to testing. Testing is available Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• CHRISTUS Health System Drive-through Testing, 1400 East Burt Kouns, Shreveport, LA for CHRISTUS Health System physician network patients. You must have a CHRISTUS Health System physician’s order prior to testing. Testing is available Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mobile COVID-19 Evaluation Site:
• Ochsner-LSU Health Shreveport, 1541 Kings Highway, Shreveport, LA located in the parking lot of the LSU Health-Allied Health Building. Note: Not open for walk-in. Available for patients referred from an Ochsner LSU Health physician only for further screening. Testing is available Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. by contacting 318-626-0050
If you do not fall under either of these health care systems or providers, please contact your Primary Care Physician for further Instructions.
KEEP CALM THROUGH COVID
The Keep Calm Through COVID crisis phone line provides trained, compassionate counselors to support Louisianans through this difficult time. Counselors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week with information and service coordination, linking callers to mental health and substance abuse counseling services. This service is available to the public at no charge. Call the Keep Calm Through COVID hotline at 1-866-310-7977 at any time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All calls are confidential. This line is for counseling only, and people calling for general information should call 211.
UNITED WAY OF NORTHWEST LOUISIANA 211
United Way of Northwest Louisiana fights for health, education, financial stability and essential needs. While the long-term effects of the COVID-19 crisis are not yet known, United Way continues to offer services in real-time to our community. Now, more than ever, these programs are a lifeline to those in need. If you need assistance finding food, paying housing bills, accessing free childcare, or other essential services, dial 211 to speak to someone who can help. Specialists are available 24/7 to help you access the best local resources and services to address any need.
As more information becomes available on resources in our area, we will release those to the public.