As we continue to be committed to safeguarding the lives of the people we serve and our deputies, we are modifying some of our services and procedures to limit the exposure and to mitigate COVID-19 issues as much as possible according to Natchitoches Parish Sheriff Victor Jones.
We would request that contact with our office be initiated by phone or email (if possible).
FOR EMERGENCIES CALL 911
NPSO Administrative Office: (318) 352-6432
Effective immediately (3/17/2020), due to the recent aggressive measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office will be implementing the following procedures until April 13, 2020 (full operations will be reevaluated seven days prior):
To obtain a copy of a traffic or incident report individuals will need to do so by mail if the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff Office worked the accident a copy of the report can be obtained by calling 318-357-7840, by fax 318-352-7377, by email (email@example.com), or written request can be mailed to:
P.O. BOX 266
Natchitoches, LA 71457
Payment must be mailed with the request in the form of a money order payable to NPSO in the amount of $5.00. If the Louisiana State Police worked the accident, the report would have to be obtained from Troop E in Alexandria, LA.
To obtain a background check, you will need to do so by mail. A written request can be mailed to:
P.O. BOX 266
Natchitoches, LA 71458
You are required to mail a copy of your State issued I.D. along with your request; the cost is $10.00 payable by money order to the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff Office.
Criminal Bonds will only be processed Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM. The bondsman will be the only person permitted in the office to complete the bond. If you wish to complete a property bond, you will need to contact the Natchitoches Parish Clerk of Court Office at 318-357-8152 to get information on what days and times a property bond can be processed. Information concerning the bond for a defendant can be obtained by contacting NPSO Records Division at 318-357-7805 or 318-357-7840.
To make payments to the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office for Fine payments and Citation payments (Tickets), you have three (3) options.
1. Mail-in payments. (payments must be cashier’s check or money order. No personal checks will be accepted. Payments should be made payable to the NPSO and mailed to P.O. Box 266, Natchitoches, LA 71458.
2. Make payments online. Visit our website (www.npsheriff.org). Scroll towards the bottom of the homepage and select the gold box labeled “pay tickets and fines online.” * There is a service fee for processing payment(s) online. The total charge amount will be displayed prior to submitting the payment. The fee is 3.5% of the total amount being paid.
3. Make payments via phone. To make a payment by phone, please call (877) 793-7141 Mon – Fri 8 AM – 8 PM and Sat-Sun 10 AM – 2 PM EST. Once you have submitted your payment, you will receive an email letting you know if your payment has been accepted or rejected.
•Parish Property Taxes
To make payments to the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office for Parish Property tax payments, you have two (2) options.
1. Mail-in payments. (Payments may be cashier’s check, money order, or personal checks.) Payments should be made payable to the NPSO and mailed to P.O. Box 266, Natchitoches, LA 71458.
2. Make payments online. Visit our website (www.npsheriff.org). Scroll towards the bottom of the homepage and select the gold box labeled “pay taxes online.”
* There is a service fee for processing payment(s) online. The total charge amount will be displayed prior to submitting the payment. The fee is 3.45% of the total amount being paid with a minimum charge of $3.95.
•Fingerprinting & Sheriff Sales will be suspended until further notice.
These services will be reevaluated on or near April 13, 2020.
We continue to monitor updates from LA. GOSHEP, Centers for Disease Control, La. Department of Health and World Health Organization on Coronavirus (COVID-19).